Kriste Michelini Interiors is a full-service interior design firm located in Danville, CA with a focus on high quality residential and commercial interiors. The firm is passionate about creating enticing, beautiful, and well-loved spaces for our clients.
We are looking for a seasoned residential senior designer with a minimum of 8 years in a designer role who would immediately have primary design responsibility and work closely with the Principal of the firm. We are seeking a go-getter for 24-40 hours/week. The Senior Designer is responsible for all aspects of the design process from concept through installation. This position requires a candidate with a strong track record of managing all phases of multiple high – end, residential design projects, ground up projects and ensuring client satisfaction, while overseeing quality control and project financial performance.
The successful candidate is open to learning and to jumping into whatever comes up: has opinions and is not afraid to voice them; is a skilled problem solver; works well with others and knows when to push to get the job done!
- Assist in overseeing all phases of high-end interior design from initial design concept to installation including ground-up construction projects.
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of all project documents including: design presentations, mood boards, rendered plans, construction documents, elevations and views in AutoCAD.
- Source products /services for presentations to clients. Confer with vendors, Principal and designer during all stages of product development to ensure accurate production.
- Review in collaboration with Principal all design documents to ensure they meet design intent, client’s needs and visions and KMI standards.
- Work with Principal to review scope, schedule, budget, staffing needs, and project milestones.
- Attend site visits and present design presentations to clients. Must own or have sole access to a reliable car. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Effectively communicate design vision and aesthetic to team. Break down and delegate tasks; manage design projects and timelines.
- Oversee installation timelines and attend installations.
- Lead, oversee, and manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problems / conflicts and determine solutions.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, design showrooms and vendors through frequent communication and status updates.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT:
- Observe and communicate trends in residential design.
- Attend vendor presentations and inform team of new and innovative products.
- Pursue individual professional/skill development.
- Contribute to studio development goals.
- Attend and represent KMI at industry events/trade shows as required.
- 4-year degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture or equivalent.
- Eight or more years of experience in high-end residential design, including construction and renovation projects or proven skill level.
- Experienced with creating, redlining and submitting construction documents and cabinetry shop drawings.
- Custom detailing for architectural materials (cabinetry/tile/stone and furniture) and soft goods (pillows, drapery, bedding).
- Knowledge of materials, applications and construction.
- Working knowledge of upholstery, drapery and furniture fabrication.
- Experience managing a team and effective delegation of responsibilities to meet multiple project needs with specified budgets and deadlines.
- Displays a history of successful interior design implementations and a refined sense of style.
- Proven organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects across various phases.
- Is collaborative, self-motivated, and positive with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and care about everything being in the right place.
- Takes initiative to propose multiple solutions rather than immediately seeking guidance.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be comfortable interfacing with clients, consultants, vendors and internal staff.
- Must have strong technical skills and be highly skilled with construction documents, drafting in AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, SketchUp, Studio Designer/Studio Webware, Adobe Creative Suite and/or other design programs.
- Ability to work in an open environment with a close team, while interacting and working effectively with architects, contractors, clients, vendors, fabricators in a professional and assertive manner.
- Must have a can-do attitude with strong problem-solving skills
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Our firm delivers outstanding design and excellent client service in a fun, supportive and engaging environment.
Please submit resume, cover letter stating why you are a good fit, portfolio/work samples via email. Reference “Senior Designer Position” on the subject line. No calls please.