Kriste Michelini Interiors is looking to hire an intern/design assistant. The role will work directly with the designers and the project manager on projects ranging from new construction and full renovations, to decorative projects. KMI is looking for an organized, self-starter, who is interested in the interior design industry. You will become familiar with the San Francisco Design Center, textile lines and furniture lines. Every day will be a different day and experience. One can expect to be searching for fabrics, overseeing an install, or helping within the office.
– Assist Project Manager with organization and logistics of projects, including setting up client accounts – boxes/binders, tracking client budgets, purchases, and delivery/installation schedules.
– Coordinate receiving, inspection and delivery of furnishings.
– Gather quotes from vendors and contractors.
– Assist designers in the creation of floor plans and elevations in AutoCAD.
– Maintain sample and resource library. Assist with sourcing at San Francisco Design Center.
– Assist in the creation of client presentations, including design concept, space planning, architectural elements, color schemes, fabric schemes, custom window treatments and custom furniture pieces.
– Assist in light accounting responsibilities and communication with accounting firm.
– Assist in preparing schedules for construction and decorative projects.
– Assist in day to day office tasks and errands for Principal.
– Assist in client installations.
– Assist in photo shoots.
Candidates should be articulate in both written and verbal communications and should possess a style and professionalism that is in keeping with our high-end clientele as well as a friendly and outgoing manner.
The right candidate has a strong work ethic, positive attitude, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills. The ability to take direction and lead with minimal supervision is essential.
The job will necessitate high proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google, Auto CAD, and Adobe Photoshop.
Experience with and knowledge of San Francisco Design Center showrooms is helpful.
About Our Company
Kriste Michelini Interiors is a small successful and established high-end interior design firm specializing in residential projects throughout the Bay Area.. We are seeking a part-time Intern/Design Assistant.
These and all other inquiries should be sent to: info@.