Oh my word…Carli made the most amazing springy lemony dessert for the office yesterday. She created these mini-lemon trifles in mason jars to celebrate Emma’s birthday and I could have eaten 3 of them as they were so delicious! She used fresh meyer lemons and they were the perfect cool treat on a warm afternoon.
She combined several different recipes to perfect these adorable little jars and added a few twists of her own. Thought I’d share the steps with you in case you’d like to try them too!
Each layer is a different recipe…
- For the candied meyer lemon which she placed on the very top, she used https://www.marthastewart.com/313243/candied-meyer-lemons. She used the remaining simple syrup from the lemon peels mixed with the juice of one lemon to brush over the cake rounds when building the trifle.
- Layer 1: Lemon Cake–she used https://www.marthastewart.com/632498/lemon-cake. But she omitted the lemon zest.
- Layer 2: Lemon Curd–she used https://www.marthastewart.com/340640/lemon-curd.
- Layer 3: Whipped Cream–she used http://www.finecooking.com/recipe/decorators-never-fail-whipped-cream. Instead of 2 tsp of vanilla extract, she used 1.5 vanilla and .5 lemon extract.
- Layer 4: She sprinkled fresh blueberries on top of the whipping cream.
I know it looks like a lot of steps and they are definitely time consuming, but they were so good that I wish I would’ve grabbed an extra one to take home with me!!! They would be a great Easter dessert too! Thanks Carli!